Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Ring...scary Japanese story or noise I hear 24/7?

Do you ever get some news that just totally sucks and there is just nothing you can do about it. Well, I got some. For about 3 weeks now I have been having ear problems in my left ear. Namely...I can't hear a damn thing. It's all because of this loud buzzing and ringing that goes on 24/7. Well, the E.N.T. doctor put me on some steroids but yesterday when I went back for another hearing test my hearing actually got worse!

So...now what huh. Well, turns out nothing really.

I need an MRI he says. I say, no insurance, no money, leaving the country, bye bye. The MRI will rule out an acoustic necroma- a tiny tumor somewhere in my inner ear. But hopefully, the chances of me having one are about 1-2%. I could also have (notice this guessing trend) this thing called Meniere's Disease. A nasty little something that kills your balanace and gives you extreme vertigo. Nice. As long as the ringing stops I don't care what I have to do.

But, in good news, the house in Kobe is lowered down to 100,000 a month. We are meeting with the landlord on the 15th to talk stuff over. So, you can all come fly to Japan because we will have such a big place for you to stay!!

No comments: